What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
Who we are and how to contact us:
We are Quirqui Designs, registered at 14 Holland Road, Exmouth EX8 4AU. You can contact us at this address by post or email us at email@example.com. Our data protection representative is Mrs Angela Western who can be contacted at the above email address and on +44 (0)7376-253226.
Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with:
For people who view and interact with our online services, we process data:
- to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form
- to contact you via email and SMS to notify you on the status of your order
- dealing with enquires
- handling complaints
- processing your order generally
- contacting you about your contact details
- keeping you informed about our service and new services and related services we might offer
- emailing you incomplete orders for later reference
- the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our business services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting the same
You can opt out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us. We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your registration information to provide you with our services, then please contact us at the details provided above and we shall comply.
For our potential clients, we process data:
- to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form
- to sign up for our newsletter when you request subscription through our website and to send out marketing messages via email and SMS
- keeping you informed about our service and new services
- the legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our company in promoting our services
You can opt out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us.
Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area:
If we transfer data relating our services to a service provider located outside the EEA, then the safeguard we will have in place for this transfer is to enter into European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses with that provider.
Your rights relating to personal data:
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data
- right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete
- right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the “right to be forgotten”
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purpose
- right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice. If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal. If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and, if we do, we shall inform you of it by posting an updated policy on our website. Any change we make is effective from the date we post it on our website. Should you disagree with any such changes you are free to cease using the services. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The UK supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our website uses cookie technology:
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer and our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to our website and they make it easier for you to log on to and use our website during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of our website for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website and/or provided as part of our services.
In particular, cookies enable us:
- to measure visitor traffic to our website, their usage patterns and related activity;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
- for other essential uses for the smooth operation of the website including remembering your shopping basket items.
Like most website, we gather statistical and other analytical information on an aggregate basis about all visitors. This data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding user IP addresses, browser types, web search terms, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the website and the provision of our services. An IP address, for example, is the identifying details for your computer on the internet expressed in “Internet Protocol” code and every computer connected to the internet has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
You should note that technical details which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the GDPR.
This means that the cookies are linked to our website domain(s), and we will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behaviour on our website.
For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google’s website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org in order to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them. We also reserve the right to use Google AdWords at any stage and again, you can adjust the Google AdWords settings and opt out of this program altogether.
Requirement to process personal data:
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website. If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form or liaise with you on our services. Automated decision-making and profiling We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.